Skip to main content

Only Allah knows what he has in store for me

Salam boys,
Monday blues were at it again yesterday. I am surprised that i eventually made my way to work.
Anyways, rushed to work because I remembered promising to Mrs Prasad that I would help her with her relief duties yesterday as it was the start of her tenure. Didn't do much really, it was in good hands. She probably needed some moral support. Happy to oblige and be there for her.

Checked my iPhone on the way to work and was surprised to have found myself in a whatsapp group -Divorce - created by Uncle Chew, Aunt Lynette & Aunt Sumi. Aunt Lynette had shocking news to share as her husband dropped a bombshell on her. From our previous dinner meet-up, I was under the impression that he had wanted things to be better but all he did was to raise hopes only to see it come crushing down! He submitted the divorce papers. One wish: That Aunt Lynette finds strength for herself and her 3 boys to soldier on despite this crisis that occurred. My prayers go out to you Lynette. I am deeply saddened and shocked at all this. When we are 'in love' we do things that are bereft of reasoning or logic, our body aches for the companionship of the one we 'love'. But I see that the opposite holds true too. Hate and anger does blind our judgement and casts reasoning aside.

One star:  I did a counseling session with my class's form teacher, Uncle Shah, for 2 of my current pupils who were in a BGR. Ahh, to be young and foolish, not to mention inexperienced in the matters of the heart. After reading the 5 love languages book - recommended by your mom so that I can better maintain our marriage - I cited the idea of being 'in-love' to them and in this case what is more of an infatuation that they were feeling rather than the love they think they are getting. This BGR had resulted in one party doing well for his studies but the other suffering greatly as a result of losing focus and touch with reality. Both us teachers were on the same page when me voiced our concerns and highlighted the fallacies of their BGR. Timing was highly inappropriate, both understood that it was an infatuation and thankfully decided to end it. I made sure that they verbalised it if front of each other, though deep down inside of me, one of them might simply suppress it and not eradicate the notion completely.

As for your mom and me, I still have to endure the situation that your mom can talk animatedly with another man, late at night over the phone, even after i've fetched her from the bus-stop at about 10.37pm. I, her husband, didn't even get any words. Sigh. Allah give me strength.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanghai Bus Terminal

I'm having breakfast with my family and am watching this excellent documentary on discovery channel - Shanghai Bus Terminal. At first i was overwhelmed by the sheer no. of folks and families heading back home, some as far as a 24hr bus ride, to celebrate the lunar new year. Most of them are migrant workers whom have worked their butts off for the whole year to save up and spend quality time with beloved family members. Sadly, not all of these folks are literate, most don't even know how to buy a ticket in the first place. These migrant workers or the 'new' Shanghainese, total about 4 million in strength - that's about the whole population of Singapore! I see both the good and bad side of human characters in the show. BAD: A man was robbed on the way to the terminal. Scalpers taking advantage of the situation & selling tickets at 10 times their original prices. Migrant workers who were not paid by their employer only bus fare to go home! GOOD: A stranger helping