Skip to main content

Just because of a haircut

Salam boys,
Another brand new day at the start of the week. After last night's fiasco with the haircut you received Hakim, your mom and I had an argument.
In retrospect, I should have just voiced out my unhappiness with the way the haircut was done. By me not being honest upfront, my subsequent actions made the matter worse. Even when I try apologising, your mom simply said "I'm in this only for the boys." That made me angry! All this time she mentioned about her love tank being empty and all and with me trying my best to make things work. It's just like a slap in the face! She is so selfish and concerned about her own 'love tank' that she failed to realise that the book also suggests taking care of your spouse's too. She thinks she is the only one deprived of it. In all the years we've been married, I can barely recall any one time where she made an attempt to make the marriage work.
I apologise for sounding harsh but quite frankly, I'm sick of being treated like this.

The only good thing that happened last night was bringing you out for lantern lighting and walking around in the dark. Glad that both of you enjoyed it even though we did attract lots of insects!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanghai Bus Terminal

I'm having breakfast with my family and am watching this excellent documentary on discovery channel - Shanghai Bus Terminal. At first i was overwhelmed by the sheer no. of folks and families heading back home, some as far as a 24hr bus ride, to celebrate the lunar new year. Most of them are migrant workers whom have worked their butts off for the whole year to save up and spend quality time with beloved family members. Sadly, not all of these folks are literate, most don't even know how to buy a ticket in the first place. These migrant workers or the 'new' Shanghainese, total about 4 million in strength - that's about the whole population of Singapore! I see both the good and bad side of human characters in the show. BAD: A man was robbed on the way to the terminal. Scalpers taking advantage of the situation & selling tickets at 10 times their original prices. Migrant workers who were not paid by their employer only bus fare to go home! GOOD: A stranger helping